Wednesday, November 11, 2009

concept art ideas




I been repeatedly trying to create a concept art and my own scene with an idea based on the movie journey to the centre of the earth. Since the land seems to be more prehistoric in plants and creatures, I tried making an island with a scull which looks more like an hell hounds as i thought this skull might show the border between two worlds and the deferences.


I also thought of creating a prehistoric atmosphere with carnivorous and poisonous plants. I been working on it to make it more natural by mixing sketches and a decent image.


1 comments:

tutorphil on November 11, 2009 at 1:54 PM said...

Hi Shafi, while I'm pleased to see you working harder at developing your scenes, it seems to me you're introducing elements that have no real justification within the source text - which means that you're off message - basing your scenes on the movie is a big no-no! What I want you to do is take the time to break down the excerpts into their descriptive elements and build up an image of the world of your story in a logical and authentic way; there are loads of great spaces in those excerpts - what about the cave filled with dinosaur bones, for instance?

Show me some text analysis and lots of resulting thumbnails - you have to use your imagination, Shafi - you have to sit down and really try to 'see' these spaces for yourself. The ability to visualise is absolutely central to a course such as this - so don't cut corners, do the hard bit, push yourself creatively!

Post a Comment